Congratulations on receiving your new award! Here are useful tips to get you started.
- SPFAC’s Accounting Specialist 2 will email your account number (“R number”) to you once our office has a fully executed agreement/contract.
- Once your R account has been activated, you can monitor your new account from ULINK.
- When looking at your account ledger for the first time, confirm that the budget has been entered correctly. Please contact your Post Award Grant Specialist if you notice any discrepancies.
Take the time to read your award and review the following:
- Start and end dates
- Deadlines for deliverables and reports
- Are there any restrictions, such as travel, budget revisions, or equipment purchases?
- Any other Special Conditions?
- Set up your own expense tracking spreadsheet (i.e. Excel) that you can compare to the ULINK ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Establish a filing system to keep all back up documentation of your transactions (copies of invoices, receipts, travel reimbursements, etc). It will be helpful in the event of an audit.