All personnel serving on the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) receive training to allow them to perform their duties.
The following materials will be provided (these are required reading assignments) -
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- ARENA/OLAW Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Guidebook
- Animal Welfare Act and Regulations
- USDA Animal Care Policies
- PHS Policies on Care and Use of Laboratory
- AnimalsAVMA Guidelines on Euthanasia
- UL Lafayette - NIRC Animal Welfare Assurance (Contact Coordinator or Chair)
- Good Practice Guide to Administration of Substances and Removal of Blood (Contact Coordinator or Chair)
- Selected Standard Operating Procedures (Contact Coordinator or Chair)
Mandatory Requirements -
- Proof of Measles Immunity
- Tuberculin Skin Test, biannually or certificate of test
- Serum specimen for low temperature archive, annually
Persons interested in serving on the IACUC should contact the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.