You are here

Procedures for Additional Compensation on Externally Funding Grants

In the case of PD/PI's and Co-PI's requesting additional compensation, beyond the salary levels of their regular University appointments, a request for compensation from a restricted account must be submitted. These requests apply to twelve-month employees receiving extra compensation or nine/ten month employees receiving extra compensation during the academic year or during the summer months:

  1. All requests for compensation of personnel should be submitted by the payee using the Restricted Account Compensation Request Form (see Compensation Request from Restricted Accounts) and approved by all the University authorities listed on the form.
  2. PD/PI's should review the policy regarding Compensation Limitation for Academic and Other Non-Classified Personnel (as revised June 20, 1994) in determining the proper amount of requests and procedures for submitting them.