You are here

Must I disclose my invention?

Yes. If your research was funded in whole or in part by a federal, state or industrial grant, you are required to file an invention disclosure under terms of the grant. The University in turn, is required to notify the sponsor. For federal grants, the University must report the invention to the sponsoring agency within 60 days and actively work to commercialize the technology to meet the requirement that federally funded inventions should be licensed for commercial development in the public interest.