What is SPIN?
Sponsored Programs and Information Network (SPIN) is an extensive research funding opportunity database that allows you to search for research funding in your field by using keywords that identify your particular areas of interest and expertise. SPIN contains over 40,000 opportunities from more than 10,000 sponsors. It is a product offered by InfoEd Global. The Board of Regents funds the program for Louisiana universities, so it's free for UL Lafayette faculty and staff. With SPIN, you can:
- Access funding information online, from any browser
- Organize grant information in one convenient place
- Gain access to the largest Keyword list, allowing for greater flexibility in your searches
- Quickly locate Limited Submission Opportunities, Federal or non-Federal programs
- Locate all types of funding information—Fed Business Opps / Federal Register Guide
- Set up multiple searches and schedule alerts for any of the searches you establish
- Save and share searches with others
How do I access SPIN?
Anyone can access the SPIN database and utilize the system’s basic features on any campus computer by going to the InfoEdGlobal site.
Any UL Lafayette faculty or staff member can create a user profile to utilize the system off campus. A user profile also allows you to take advantage of more advanced features of the system such as saving searches, creating email alerts, etc. If you already have an established SPIN/SMARTS/GENIUS account, it can be used to log in. If you don’t already have a SPIN/SMARTS/GENIUS account, you can contact your Pre-Award Administrator or go here to create one.