All personnel serving on the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) receive training to allow them to perform their duties.
The following materials will be provided (these are required reading assignments) -
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals download the free PDF
- ARENA/OLAW Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Guidebook
- Animal Welfare Act and Regulations
- USDA Animal Care Policies
- PHS Policies on Care and Use of Laboratory
- AnimalsAVMA Guidelines on Euthanasia
- UL Lafayette - NIRC Animal Welfare Assurance (Contact Coordinator or Chair)
- Administration of Substances to Laboratory Animals: Routes of Administration and Factors to Consider (2011) (see resources page)
- Selected Standard Operating Procedures (Contact Coordinator or Chair)
Mandatory Requirements -
- Proof of Measles Immunity
- Tuberculin Test, biannually or certificate of test
Animal Care and Use Training Available via CITI Program
Persons interested in serving on the IACUC should contact the Director of the Office of Research Integrity.