All personnel serving on the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) receive training to allow them to perform their duties.
The following materials will be provided (these are required reading assignments) -
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- ARENA/OLAW Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Guidebook
- Animal Welfare Act and Regulations
- USDA Animal Care Policies
- PHS Policies on Care and Use of Laboratory
- AnimalsAVMA Guidelines on Euthanasia
- UL Lafayette - NIRC Animal Welfare Assurance (Contact Coordinator or Chair)
- Administration of Substances to Laboratory Animals: Routes of Administration and Factors to Consider (2011) (see resources page)
- Selected Standard Operating Procedures (Contact Coordinator or Chair)
Mandatory Requirements -
- Proof of Measles Immunity
- Tuberculin Test, biannually or certificate of test
Online Training Program
We provide free online training via the
Use the buttons in the upper right of the CITI homepage for registration and login.
Steps 2-6 will gather personal information.
In Step 7, please check the box for "If you are an IACUC member you are ....." or "IACUC Community member".
Completing the animal modules pertinent to research at UL Lafayette is encouraged.
Note - you can add modules later by clicking the "Add a course" button at the bottom of the main menu page once logged in
Persons interested in serving on the IACUC should contact the Director of the Office of Research Integrity.