The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is a professional service office that reports to the Vice President for Research. Activities of ORSP are designed to help the faculty and facilitate the overall grant process, while balancing the need for institutional and sponsor regulatory compliance. We are here to help you in the following areas:
- ORSP staff assists with proposal preparation, including budget development, preparation of forms, editing, review (i.e. comparison with funding agency guidelines and requirements, compliance with University policies and procedures, and State and Federal regulations).
- ORSP serves as an agency liaison during the pre-award stage.
- ORSP obtains necessary institutional approval for proposals, and manages the electronic or print submission of applications.
- ORSP distributes information about extramural programs electronically via email. If you wish to subscribe to the ORSP funding email list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- UL Lafayette provides access to a number of resources to support faculty in their research activities including InfoEd Global's SPIN and direct agency links.
- ORSP presents seminars and workshops that provide information on specific agency or funding programs; and enhance grant writing skills; presents special events that stimulate the development of new ideas and multidisciplinary opportunities.
- ORSP makes available online training programs related to research compliance topics such as animal care and use, protection of human subjects, and the responsible conduct of research.
- ORSP works with University research oversight committees, boards and offices responsible for specific components of research compliance, including the Institutional Review Board, Institutional Biosafety Committee, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, and the Radiation Safety Committee to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements related to research activity.
- The office is responsible for monitoring regulatory changes and recommending institutional responses to ensure compliance, and oversees development and implementation of policies, procedures, programs and educational activities which satisfy federal, state and institutional regulations governing the conduct of research.